Free Golf Clinic - Watch for dates/times
Learn why your ball flies the way it does and how to fix it! Drinks available on range during the clinic. Westminster Bar & Grill open after the clinic. Starts at 4:00pm
This Months Events
Welcome to Westminster Golf Club
Westminster Golf Club, an 18-hole Championship Public Golf Course, is located in sunny Southwest Florida, on the Eastern edge of Fort Myers, FL between Lehigh Acres and Ft Myers located in a gated golf community.
Westminster Golf Course was built in 1994 and designed by well known architect Ted McAnlis. This Championship par 72 golf course plays from 4097 yards (ladies senior tees/Junior tees) to 6405 (championship tees) with some of the most challenging par 3’s around. The course travels around eight lakes with generous landing areas making it both beautiful and player friendly as well as exciting to play. These strategically placed water hazards, as well as the “few” sand bunkers, make for a challenging round of golf. Amenities include a practice range, with driving, chipping, and putting practice areas. We also have a great well stocked Pro Shop with a “PUB” style Restaurant open every day for lunch and three nights a week for Dinner (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday Nights)
Westminster is enjoyed by all levels of golfers. We are a player friendly course from the forward tees to the back tees that really challenges the lower handicapper. We are a “TEE it FORWARD” golf course and have added two new tees in 2012 to give us a total of six tees so as every handicapper can enjoy the game. You may book your tee time on our website under the Tee Times tab, six days in advance and look for web site deals too!
Open all year to the public
A privately owned and operated public golf course located in a private golf community. Westminster Golf Club is a semi-private golf course and accepts outside membership. Seasonal affordable prices, great course conditions, experienced and friendly staff, and our great practice range facilities, that bring golfers back year after year. Voted the best public golf course in Lehigh Florida and surrounding area. Westminster provides a great golfing experience.
Golf Course Amenities
- Pre-arranged tee times by calling pro shop or go online to get your advanced tee times.
- 300 yard grass driving range, putting, chipping, and sand bunker practice ranges Well stocked Pro Shop (we buy right and pass the savings on to you).
- Fully stocked beverage cart (two of them each day in the season) Great restaurant and pub inside and outside seating with large screen TV’s for the sports fans.
- Highest and driest in S.W. Florida 10 minutes from the airport and I-75.
- Westminster is 15 minutes from Fort Myers & 30 minutes from Fort Myers Beach and Cape Coral.
- Westminster Golf Club accepts outside memberships
- A “Tee it Forward” golf course so every level of golfer can enjoy the tees that suit their capability.
- After Golf in The Westminster Bar & Grill, EVERY DAY- 1st Draft Beer or Soda is on us!
Westminster Golf (U.S.G.A) Rules
- Out of bounds defined by white stakes, fence-defining the property line, private property within the community and roadways surrounding each golf hole.
- Lateral water hazards are defined by red stakes and red lines on cart paths define lateral hazard.
- Embedded ball rule in effect "through the green."
- Westminster Golf Club plays "Ready Golf." We ask that you keep up with the group in front of you.
- Cart paths only on all par 3's.
- All sprinkler heads and 150 yard stakes are measured to the center of the green.
- Players must use cart paths around all tees and greens.
- Metal spikes strictly prohibited anywhere on the premises.
- Players are required to fill divots, fix ball marks and rake sand bunkers.
- All food and beverage must be purchased from Westminster Golf Club.
- Proper attire is required at all times on Golf Course and Practice Range.
- Absolutely no walking anytime-golf carts only.
Men - collared shirts with sleeves, bermuda length shorts, no denim, no gym shorts or sweat pants ...ladies - collared shirt with no sleeves or golf shirt no collar but with sleeves, bermuda length shorts, skirts, no denim, no halter tops, no strap/ strapless tops, no gym trunks or sweat pants.
Our dress code is mandatory for all players. If you are in doubt as to your attire, please check with our golf shop. Golfers not properly attired will not be permitted to play or use the practice facilities.
Driving Directions(Click here for Map)
From the South - (Fort Myers International Airport)
- Take Tree line north to Daniels Road
- Go east on Daniels to Leonard Blvd. and turn left at the light
- Go 3 miles and Westminster will be on the right
From the North (Punta Gorda, FL)
- Take Interstate 75 South to exit 136 (Colonial Blvd)
- Turn east approximate 4 miles to Westgate Blvd. and turn right
- Go 2 miles and Westminster will be on the left
From the East (Lehigh, FL)
- Take Lee Blvd. west to Westgate Blvd. and turn left
- Go 2 miles and Westminster will be on the left
Follow Us on Facebook
Email-a-Friend a link to this website
Insert email of your friends (required)